Job Functions & Qualifications
Essential Job Functions
- Position work pieces and clamps together or assembles in jigs or fixtures.
- Preheat the work piece, using a hand torch or heating furnace.
- Ignites torches or starts power supply and strikes an arc.
- Review layouts, blueprints, diagrams, or work orders in preparation for welding or cutting metal components.
- Select and insert electrode or gas nozzle into holder and connect hoses and cables to obtain gas or specified amperage, voltage, or polarity.
- Connect and turn regulator valves to activate and adjust gas flow and pressure to obtain desired flame.
Select and install torch, torch tip, filler rod, and flux, according to welding chart specifications or type and thickness of metal.
- Guide electrodes or torches along a weld line at specified speed and angle to weld, melt, cut, or trim metal.
- Weld metal parts or components together, using brazing, gas, or arc welding equipment.
- Repair broken or cracked parts, fill holes and increase size of metal parts using welding equipment.
- Weld in flat, horizontal, vertical, or overhead position.
- Inspect finished work piece for conformance to specifications.
Two Column List
The description of your component goes here, or any notes you might have about it.
|Heading||two_column_list_heading||group||(Clone of Utility : Heading)|